Wednesday 8 June 2011

Sewing Time

Yesterday was MY sewing day.
In the morning I had a lesson with my local Bernina store.
A rather complicated lesson on cutwork using 6 designs in a circle.
It is amazing how dull your brain becomes when not doing Math all day!!
The embroidery needs to be complete in 2 weeks time so that we can do the hems.
I have completed one table runner and hope this next cloth will go as easily now that it is all marked.

In the afternoon I had 4 friends come past to sew.
We offered to complete 2 tops for a fellow quilter who had recently passed away.
She had half completed projects in a box. They are Japanese folded squares which will completed and then joined together. These tops will be passed onto her grandchildren.

I hope to show you something next post.


Until next time 
Happy sewing and Quilting
Susan

2 comments:

  1. Una giornata piena!
    Bellissimo la tua stanza del cucito....te la invidio un pochino....
    Ciao dall'Italia

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a productive day!
    Wish I could say the same. I did a little bit of quilting, but the machine and I weren't working well together. I think it is mad at me for not sewing a lot this past few weeks :)
    It is a wonderful gesture to complete the quilts for the grandchildren. That is very thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete